INCI name- Kojic Acid Dipalmitate
APPEARANCE: WHITE TO OFF WHITE
Kojic Dipalmitate is a modified kojic acid derivative.It gives the desired skin-lightening effect by blocking the formation of tyrosine.This blockage of tyrosine eventually prevents the production of melanin.
It can produce excellent effects in even toning of the skin, fighting age spots, pregnancy marks, freckles as well as general skin pigmentation disorders of face and body.
Kojic Acid Dipalmitate offers excellent product stability without any color instability problems.It can be found in creams, lotions, serums, and soap
Skin Lightening: Kojic Dipalmitate offers more efficacious skin lightening effects.
As an oil-soluble skin whitening agent, it is easier to be absorbed by skin.
- This mild acid is a powerful anti-oxidant and exhibits anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-aging benefits.
- It is revered for its use as a skin-lightening ingredient all over the world.
- It significantly reduces dark spots and hyper-pigmentation and is a safer alternative to hydroquinone.
pH range of 4-9,
Use level: for skin care products: 1 - 7%
Recommended use level for skin whitening: 3 - 5%
- Add it to the heated oil phase with isopropyl myristate.
- Keep the oil phase at 80 C for five minutes until it dissolves completely
- Add this mixture to the water phase for emulsification at the same temperature for 10 minutes.