Product Form: White Pearls
Sodium hydroxide has many uses in cosmetics, the most common being for it's use in the production of handmade soap where it is used in the saponification of oils. It is used to manufacture many everyday products, such as paper, aluminum, commercial drain and oven cleaners, and soap and detergents. Our Sodium hydroxide has been specifically tested for it's compatibility with cosmetic ingredients and it's use as a Saponifier in the production of handmade Soap. Sodium Hydroxide is added to the oil phase in soap making, and creates a chemical reaction known as saponification which leads to a hard soap. It is a highly versatile substance.
Important Safety Information for Sodium Hydroxide
1) Use Sodium Hydroxide when you will not be interrupted, so that your 100% concentration is focused on the use of the Sodium hydroxide.
2) Keep Children, Pets and Infirm away from the area at all times.
3) Have a source of water close by so that you can quickly and easily rinse any pills.
4) Always mix in a well ventilated area and mix as close to the point of use as possible to avoid spills.
5) Wear goggle and gloves. Wear gloves that travel sufficiently up your arm to avoid the Sodium hydroxide from being trapped inside the glove and causing skin burns.
Goggles are very important, Sodium hydroxide CAN CAUSE BLINDNESS if it gets into your eyes. Any spill on your skin and eyes should be flushed with water for 30 minutes. Large spills on both skin and eye should seek immediate medical attention after flushing with water.
6) DO NOT TAKE INTERNALLY. Internal consumption of Sodium hydroxide CAN BE FATAL. Keep in a secure, locked location. Keep away from Children and PETS.