INCI: Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein
Composition: 1 ,2 hexanediol, water, Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein Hydroxyacetophenone
Color: Clear to amber liquid with a mild odour.
Vegan: Does not contain animal-derived components
Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein is a mixture of important amino acids and peptides of varying lengths which are obtained from wheat germ. It works by depositing proteins to the deeper layers of the skin and hair making them strong.
- It works as a humectant and hence acts as a moisturizer or as a hydrating means.
- For conditioning, it acts as a softener in hair and skin care products like shampoos, conditioners, serums, toners, lotions, and creams.
- Its anti-irritant and protective properties give skin a smoother, softer feel.
It penetrates the skin, hair shaft, and cuticles to lock in moisture which makes them hydrated and soft.
- It contains glutamine which is known to strengthen hair and build resilience against heat or environmental damage.
USAGE RATE: 1 - 1.5%.
- Add it to the oil-in-water emulsion at 60o
- Stir at a high-speed using mixer
- Adjust the pH and add to formulations of choice.