INCI Name- Glycerol
Molecular Weight: 92.09g/mol
Alternate Names-1,2,3-Propanetriol, Glycerol
Purity of the Ingredient- 99%
Glycerin is a sugar alcohol derived from animal products, plants or petroleum. Vegetable glycerin is the variant made from plant oils. It is made by heating triglyceride-rich vegetable fats — such as palm, soy and coconut oils — under pressure or together with a strong alkali, such as lye. This causes the glycerin to split away from the fatty acids and mix together with water, forming an odorless, sweet-tasting, syrup-like liquid.
It reinforces hydration into the deepest levels of the skin and hair to moisturize which make your hair look glossy all day long.
- it adds a brilliant luminosity to the skin and improves its radiance.which brings back to life your dull, dry, and flaky skin .
- Add it into your routine if you suffer from eczema, psoriasis, or dandruff.
- It also doubles as a preservative in your formulations.
It is commonly added to soaps,, lotions, deodorants and makeup.
SOLUBILITY:water, ethanol, ether, and acetone . insoluble in volatile oils.
HOW TO USE-
- Heat the water phase to 80oC with your glycerine and stir with a mixer.
- Heat the oil phase separately to the same temperature.
- Blend both phases together until a homogeneous mixture is obtained.