INCI Name- Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate
Molecular formula- C6H11NaO5S
Country of Origin- India
Active Matter - 85%
Alternate names- Sodium Cocoyl Ethyl Ester Sulfonate, 2-Sulfoethyl Ester
( SULFATE FREE SURFACTANT) POWDER
This mild surfactant also known has baby foam.It is obtained from coconut oil after undergoing a simple reaction.
BENEFITS AND USES
- It is one of the best sulfate-free alternatives available in the market.
- Owing to its mild cleansing and high foaming capabilities, it is traditionally used to make solid shampoo bars, conditioner bars, and bath bombs.
- It is outstanding when it comes for use in products for color treated hair.
- It is known to resists hard water and therefore prevents the formation of scum, which ensures no residue is left behind.
- It lathers pretty well when used as a stand-alone surfactant base and hence appeals to the sense of cleaning.
- It offers beautiful, gentle lather to your products. It’s also naturally acidic, therefore helps your end products have a skin-friendly pH with less (or no) adjusting.
- This chemical is a surfactant that has a hydrophobic alkyl tail and a hydrophilic sulfonate anion.
- It helps to remove dirt and grime from the surface by attaching themselves to oil/grease and water respectively.
USAGE RATE : Up to 40% in rinse-off applications and 17% in leave on applications.
- SOLUBILITY-To increase its solubility in liquid detergents, betaine, nonionic sugar surfactants, glyceramides, polyglycosides, etc can be used.
- Mix in the surfactant phase of your choice.
- Heat slowly on low heat.
- Stir using a high-shear stick blender to prevent excess foaming.
- Add surfactant mix to the rest of the formulation.